THE WORD SHE-CAVE EXISTS FOR A REASON, BUT THIS IS NOT THAT REASON
In 2019, building and inspection of The Workshop was completed 1) Two rooms in the house have served as both project stages and as staging areas for materials and tools that will be permanently house in the shop, meaning those rooms – the library and the office – can be rightfully (re)claimed for their rightful purpose.
But, there's a catch
With the arrival of a certain 4 year old and almost-2-year-old into our lives, the magic and horror that is television has become a force that we are all to conscious of as parents. Just go Google “screen time” and I'll wait here.
At the end of 2018, we decided to convert the office into a media room, transferring the TV along with our gaming computer there. The end goal is to turn watching TV into an active rather than a passive activity. We'll see how that turns out.
So what of the office?
With the office becoming “the media room” and suddenly becoming void of all it's workshop items, it will really be a rather empty space. Here's the plan as I see it:
Media Room Proposed Layout
Media Room To-Do
- Clear off work table; items to shop
- Clear out cabinets; items to shop
- Move Matthew's desk to shop
- Matthew's shelf items to shop
- Empty metal cabinet
- Cabinet to shop
- Divy up which items stay in media room, which items go to shop
- Media item rooms to cabinets
- Move wire wall rack to North wall
- Move grey couch to library
- Move red couch to media room
- Move work table under cabinets
- Re-organize cabinets and label accordingly
- Hannah desk to SW corner
- Move Hannah shelf to below Matthew shelf
BUILDS AND BUYS
- Murphy wall desk – Ana White has some plans that look promising; the dimensions will need to change and I may add legs that fold out to give it more stability
- Rug for room